In response to customer demand, we are excited to announce that the capability to transfer tips to any agency, regardless if they are a tip411 customer or not, is now available.
The agency that the tip is transferred to will have the ability to pick up the conversation and continue interaction with the tipster.
Here is how it works:
- Go to the Tip Info page for a tip and then select “Share Tip” located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Enter the agency you want to share the tip with in the Find Agency field. If the agency is a tip411 customer, the agency name will appear in the list. If not, you will be asked to fill in a brief form to provide some information about the agency.
- In the Message field, you can add some notes about the tip that would be helpful for the new agency to know.
- Once the Agency and Message fields are filled in, click the “Share Tip” button and the tip will be shared with the agency. The agency will receive an email notification letting them know a tip has be transferred to them.
- The agency will now be able to view the tip conversation and interact with the tipster.
It is our experience that having tip411 available to residents of multiple jurisdictions in a local area increases its value as a complete community engagement tool. Our hope is that once your neighbors experience the functionality of tip411 they will quickly provide tip411 to their residents as well.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this new feature.