Security Tips for Securing Your Home
Home security is always a priority. Here are some good Home Security Tips we found at Howstuffworks.com
1. Lock up your home, even if you go out only for a short time. Many burglars just walk in through an unlocked door or window.
2. Change all the locks and tumblers when you move into a new house.
3. For the most effective alarm system, conceal all wiring. A professional burglar looks for places where he or she can disconnect the security system.
4. Your house should appear occupied at all times. Use timers to switch lights and radios on and off when you’re not at home.
5. If you have a faulty alarm that frequently goes off, get it fixed immediately and tell your neighbors that it’s been repaired. Many people ignore an alarm that goes off periodically.