Although we cannot foresee all instances in which information about you may be collected through the site, currently we expect to collect information in the following circumstances:
(1) During registration: we will collect information about you when you submit your user registration form;
(2) Logging onto the site: a cookie may be stored on your computer;
(3) Working with our technical support team: we may collect information to assist us in correcting your problem;
(4) Services – either free or for a fee: when you sign up for a service from us or one of our authorized partners, we or our partners may ask you for information. If the service requires a fee, we or our partners may also need to ask you for financial information – such as a credit card number;
(5) If you participate in any discussion boards or submit other content to the site: we may collect information from the content you provide;
(6) Optional surveys: we may ask for demographic data, or information about your use of the site.
(7) Purchases: if you make purchases through this site, we or our business partners may ask for information necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, address, telephone number and credit card number.
Use of the Collected Data
We use the data collected about you and other users of the site on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate and enhance the System. We do not disclose any information which contains personally identifiable information about you to any third party without your permission. However, we may use your information to contact you with newsletters, notices of enhancements to the site, etc. If you prefer not to receive such notices, you can indicate this decision in your user registration data.
Special Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. We may also disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions, or in order to protect someone who we believe may be in danger or at risk of harm.
Some Information is Public
Certain areas of our site, such as discussion boards, are public areas. Information you disclose in such areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to publicly disclose your personal information.
Security of Collected Information
We use industry standard efforts to maintain security and confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We make reasonable business efforts to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of collected information under our control. If your account with our site is password protected, only you can access it and view the information relevant to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and any account information.
Contacting Us Regarding Privacy Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement and our practices in collecting and using information, please contact us using the following mail address or e-mail address:
Citizen Observer, LLC
55 East 5th Street
St. Paul, Minnesota 55101