2020 Year In Review
At tip411, we want to thank you for being a loyal customer. We know that 2020 was a year of unique challenges and we hope for better times for everyone in 2021.
During 2020, we launched several significant improvements to our platform that we want to highlight.
tip411 Admin App
The tip411 Admin App allows you to manage tips and publish alerts from your mobile device. The app is available for iPhone and Android devices. The app has the following features:
- View anonymous tips that are submitted by citizens
- Reply to tipsters and add notes to their tips
- Receive push notifications when there is new tip activity by the tipster
- Publish alerts and include photos with their alerts*
- Use a fingerprint or facial scan to sign in to the app
We created a way for admin users to schedule their tip notifications. This allows tip411 users the option to receive notifications only during their working hours.
The update also includes more notification configuration options – choosing when you want your admin users to receive their notifications and how they will be delivered – email, text message, mobile app, or web.
The tip411 Executive Report is delivered by email and will show you tip activity totals from yesterday, past 30 days and this year. It will also show you how many open tips with no response you have.
You can activate the tip411 Executive Report for you and others at your agency by editing the System privileges for the user
tip411 Mobile App Updates
Agencies subscribing to tip411 receive a customized iPhone & Android app that is free for citizens to download. Your customized tip411 app allows citizens to view your agency alerts, submit anonymous tips, view related social media and web content and display online crime map information.
Our 2020 update to the app includes the following new features:
- Citizens can select alert groups to receive alerts from
- When submitting a tip, citizens can choose to use their device GPS to indicate their location
- Users without cellphone service can enter their tip info and send it later when they regain service
- Block bogus/nuisance tips submitted using the app
- Updated app user interface and software code base
Additional improvements to the platform include:
- Enabling 2-factor authentication and enhanced password requirement for your agency users is now available (enhanced passwords must be longer than 8 characters, contain lower and upper case characters, contain at least one number, contain a symbol)
- Now you can add images to Notes in the Tip section
- To help organize your tips, now you can select multiple tips in order to update the Tip status