The Hamden Police Department would like to provide crime prevention tips for the holiday season.
- When shopping, park your vehicle in a highly illuminated area.
- When returning to your vehicle, look inside before entering.
- When walking to your vehicle, have your keys accessible. You want to unlock the door to your vehicle as quickly as possible.
- Place purchased items in the locked trunk of your vehicle. These items should not be in plain view.
- Do not leave your purse/wallet, money, cell phone or other electronic equipment inside of the vehicle.
- If you are the victim of a robbery, don’t resist. Contact the police (911) immediately.
- Carry only the credit cards you need and avoid carrying a large amount of money.
- Please remember to lock your vehicle at all times whether shopping or parked at home.